Are you an executive marketing leader who is ready to do your most meaningful, high-impact work, within a peer community of like-minded professionals? If so, keep reading.
Authentic Brand is a community of Fractional CMOs who help growing businesses Overcome Random Acts of Marketing® and confidently take the next right step to build revenue. Our unique approach combines Marketers + Methodology + Mindshare to build strong, strategic, sales-aligned marketing teams and programs. As Fractional CMOs, our team members help to lead, build, and scale marketing programs that fuel revenue results.
So what is a Fractional CMO, exactly?
Great question, and the answer can vary depending on who you ask. Fractional CMO is a relatively new, and fast-evolving category. Many models of fractional marketing services have emerged in the market, each offering a different type of solution for the consultant and the client. We’ve written this detailed blog about four specific types of Fractional CMOs to help you understand the differences between each approach.
Is a Fractional CMO career right for me?
It’s an exciting time to be a marketing leader! There are so many rewarding career paths beyond the traditional 60-70 hour per week corporate role. But a consulting lifestyle is very different from a full-time, salaried role. It’s important to understand the tradeoffs, and choose the path that best supports your life goals. This article addresses 6 key questions that will help you determine your ideal consulting path.
At Authentic Brand, we do Fractional CMO differently.
Our clients engage Authentic Brand when they are ready to Overcome Random Acts of Marketing®. Our Fractional CMOs provide leadership that helps these businesses turn marketing into a strategic, sustained, sales-aligned, core component of their in-house revenue organization.
Many Fractional CMO providers offer strategic guidance from an outside advisory role. At Authentic Brand, we provide part-time CMO leadership with full accountability. Take a peek at this explainer video to learn more about Authentic Brand’s Fractional CMO services:
What makes our Fractional CMOs uniquely-equipped for this role and our model?
- Our Fractional CMOs operate within our connected brand and Mindshare community. We are a team, by every definition of the word. We meet regularly for peer-to-peer sharing, and for continuing education on marketing trends, technologies, and timely topics.
- Our Fractional CMOs invest in each other to share learnings, solve problems, and help our team constantly expand our skills and experiences. Our community members believe that there is more than enough great work for all of us, and that we all have great experiences to contribute and share. When we give, we receive back abundantly.
- All of our Fractional CMOs are trained on Authentic Brand’s methodology and tools, helping us deliver a consistent experience and level of quality across our client engagements.
- Our Fractional CMOs believe in and live out Authentic Brand’s corporate values of Authenticity, Wisdom, Humility, Passion, and Generosity.
With the support of this rich peer and Mindshare community, our Fractional CMOs build strong, modern marketing teams and programs that drive growth for great businesses.
There are many reasons why CMOs choose to build their careers with Authentic Brand.
- Credibility: Your individual reputation is supported by our brand, track record, and Mindshare community.
- Flexibility & Balance: Build the life you want, doing work that you love.
- Peer Community: Collaborate, serve, and grow in a high-caliber marketing executive community.
- Education: Continue sharpening your marketing and consulting skills through ongoing learning and development.
- Proven Methodology: Be equipped for success with tools and processes proven to help clients succeed.
- Competitive Rates: Maximize your earning potential while maintaining life balance.
- Unlimited Earning Bonus Program: Earn recurring revenue on deals you create through your network.
- Benefits: From healthcare to 401K, we take care of our team, so they can take care of our clients.
- Impact: Our CMO-only focus ensures you are always doing high-impact leadership work.
- Long-Term Engagements: Most of our CMO engagements are long-term, so you get to go deep with clients.
- Quality Clients: We selectively work with clients who share our values and have a partnership mindset.
- Variety: Work with diverse businesses with unique challenges, models, industries, and audiences.
- Thought Leadership: Elevate your leadership expertise as part of our content and event programs.
- Business Development: We are deeply invested in developing high-quality opportunities with our CMOs.
- Predictable Payment: You get paid on time, every time.
- Marketing Infrastructure: We’ve invested in market-leading technologies and robust programs and campaigns.
- Sales Support: We handle all of the paperwork, so you can focus on being a trusted marketing advisor.
- Financial Management: We manage all accounts billable and receivable, and handle collections when needed.
- Account Services: Our client services team always has your back, supporting you with strategy, resources, tools, and ample opportunities to show our clients appreciation. We are deeply invested in our client and CMO relationships.
- Corporate Office: Authentic Brand’s headquarters (Minneapolis) provides an ideal environment for prospect and client meetings, workshops, and team gatherings.
- Diversity: We value diversity and seek to constantly enrich the diversity of our team.
- Woman-owned, values-based, people-first organization.
Would YOU love a career as an Authentic Fractional CMO™?
The following section outlines criteria for employment as an Authentic Brand CMO. If you fit the role description as defined here, we’d love for you to apply! We are always open to meeting top-notch marketing leaders, but we are very selective about adding to our team, as we seek to build a strong, stable, supportive community – all actively engaged and serving our clients.
Three core strengths of an Authentic Fractional CMO™
The Authentic Fractional CMO™ is fully-committed to a career as a consulting marketing executive, and is actively engaged in building their personal brand and our corporate brand. Our Fractional CMOs embody three core strengths that make them successful:
Builder of high-value, executive connections and referral relationships. Active connector, networker, and influencer. Content creator / contributor, brand advocate and thought leader in relevant communities and social channels.
Experienced executive with consistent career growth in revenue-impact roles. Reference-supported track record of success in marketing leadership, including proven ability to build high-performance teams and programs.
Proven advisory experience, ability to collaborate with, build trust with, and constructively challenge C-Suite leaders: managing expectations, and elevating marketing as a strategic partner in the business.
Criteria for employment as an Authentic Fractional CMO:
- Available for W2 employment (Authentic Brand does not hire Fractional CMOs on a 1099 / contract basis.)
- Aligned to Authentic Brand values: Authenticity, Wisdom, Humility, Passion, Generosity
- Desire to build a vibrant CMO consulting career as part of a team and national brand
- Consistently available 20-40 hours a week for long-term engagements (12-24+ months)
- Passion for helping small and mid-sized businesses grow and succeed
- 15+ years of marketing leadership experience, with at least 5+ years at Sr. Director, VP or CMO level
- Modern marketer: Digitally-savvy and builder of omnichannel marketing programs
- Significant in-house marketing leadership experience (not only agency or consulting background)
- Strong history and reference-supported track record of success in marketing leadership
- Proven ability to collaborate with C-Suite, sales, and investors: elevating marketing as a strategic partner
- Eager to learn and apply Authentic Brand’s methodology and tools
- Lifelong learner who values new experiences, opportunities and challenges
- Active networker, motivated to nurture relationships and referrals
- Committed to active participation in Mindshare meetings and learning events
- Excited to contribute thought leadership through Authentic Brand content and events