Are you an executive marketing leader who is ready to do your most meaningful, high-impact work, within a peer group of like-minded professionals? If so, keep reading.
So what is a Fractional CMO, exactly?
Great question, and the answer can vary depending on who you ask.
- Some talent agencies offer “Fractional CMO” services on a contract-to-hire or short-term, interim basis;
- Other “Fractional CMO” firms provide advisory services on an hourly short-term contract basis;
- Many independent marketers offer their solopreneur services under the banner of “Fractional CMO”;
- Finally, some traditional and digital agencies claim to provide “Fractional CMO” services as a new spin on agency account management (i.e. “Outsource your marketing and we’ll lead it for you.”).
At Authentic Brand, we do Fractional CMO differently.
Our clients engage Authentic Brand when they recognize that next-level growth will mean moving away from “random acts of marketing”. Our Fractional CMOs provide leadership that helps these businesses turn marketing into a strategic, sustained, sales-aligned, core component of their in-house revenue organization. Take a peek at this explainer video to learn more about Authentic Brand’s Fractional CMO services:
What makes our Fractional CMOs uniquely-equipped for this role and our model?
- Our Fractional CMOs operate within our connected brand and mindshare community. We are a team, by every definition of the word. We meet twice monthly for peer-to-peer sharing, and for continuing education on marketing trends, technologies, and timely topics.
- Our Fractional CMOs invest in each other to share learnings, solve problems, and help our team constantly expand our skills and experiences. Our community members believe that there is more than enough great work for all of us, and that we all have great experiences to contribute and share. When we give, we receive back abundantly.
- All of our Fractional CMOs are trained on Authentic Brand’s Marketing Traction™ methodologies and tools, helping us deliver a consistent experience and level of quality across our client engagements.
- Our Fractional CMOs believe in and live out Authentic Brand’s corporate values of Authenticity, Wisdom, Humility, Passion, and Generosity.
With the support of this rich peer and mindshare community, our Authentic Brand Fractional CMOs build strong, modern marketing departments that drive growth for great businesses.
Learn more about our unique Fractional CMO model and our three pillars: Marketers, Methodology & Mindshare
There are a lot of reasons why CMOs choose to build their consulting careers with Authentic Brand.
- Credibility: Your individual reputation is supported by our brand, track record, and mindshare community.
- Flexibility & Balance: Build the life you want, doing work that you love.
- Peer Community: Collaborate, serve, and grow in a high-caliber marketing executive community.
- Education: Continue sharpening your marketing and consulting skills through ongoing learning and development.
- Proven Methodology: Be equipped for success with tools and processes proven to help clients succeed.
- Competitive Rates: Maximize your earning potential while maintaining life balance.
- Impact: Our CMO-only focus ensures you are always doing high-impact leadership work, not “gigs”.
- Long-Term Engagements: Most of our CMO engagements are 12-24 months, so you get to go deep with clients.
- Quality Clients: We selectively work with clients who share our values and have a partnership mindset.
- Variety: Work with diverse businesses with unique challenges, models, industries, and audiences.
- Thought Leadership: Elevate your personal brand and expertise as part of our content and event programs.
- Promotional Materials: We help elevate your personal brand through quality assets and content.
- Business Development: We are deeply invested in developing high-quality opportunities for our CMOs.
- Predictable Payment: You get paid on time, every time.
- Marketing Infrastructure: We’ve invested in market-leading technologies and robust programs and campaigns.
- Sales Support: We handle all of the paperwork, so you can focus on being a trusted marketing advisor.
- Financial Management: We manage all accounts billable and receivable, and handle collections when needed.
- Account Services: Our client services team always has your back, supporting you with strategy, resources, tools, and ample opportunities to show our clients appreciation. We are deeply invested in our client and CMO relationships.
- Corporate Office: Authentic Brand’s headquarters (Minneapolis) provides an ideal environment for prospect and client meetings, workshops, and team gatherings.
- Diversity: We value diversity and seek to constantly enrich the diversity of our team.
- Woman-owned, values-based, people-first organization.
Could you be our next Fractional CMO?
The following section outlines criteria for employment as an Authentic Brand CMO. If you fit the role description as defined here, we’d love for you to apply! We are always open to meeting top-notch marketing leaders, but we are very selective about adding to our team, as we seek to build a strong, stable, supportive community – all actively engaged and serving our clients.
Criteria for employment as an Authentic Brand CMO:
- Aligned to Authentic Brand values: Authenticity, Wisdom, Humility, Passion, Generosity
- Desire to build a vibrant CMO consulting career as part of a team
- Passion for helping small and mid-sized businesses grow and succeed
- 15+ years of marketing leadership experience, with at least 5+ years at Sr. Director, VP or CMO level
- Significant in-house marketing leadership experience (not only agency or consulting background)
- Strong history and reference-supported track record of success in marketing leadership
- Proven ability to collaborate with C-Suite, sales, and investors: elevating marketing as a strategic partner
- Eager to learn and apply Authentic Brand’s Marketing Traction™ methodologies and tools
- Lifelong learner who values new experiences, opportunities and challenges
- Active networker, motivated to nurture relationships and referrals
- Consistently available 20-40 hours a week for long-term engagements (12-24+ months)
- Committed to active participation in monthly peer group and learning events
- Excited to contribute thought leadership through Authentic Brand content and events
- Dedicated to giving back through Authentic Brand’s Two Or More service initiatives