Our founder and CEO, Jennifer Zick, recently got to spend time “at the fireside” with Joseph Frost on his podcast, The Fractional C-Suite Retreat. The two talked about a lot of topics related to marketing and business growth.
Being a fractional professional requires walking the line between supporting your client and telling them what they need to change, and Jennifer sees how all of this works. She sits down with host Joseph Frost to talk about some of the latest innovations she sees in the c-suite.
Listen to the podcast
Watch the conversation
- Executives are getting caught up in the minor details of the marketing standpoint and not focusing on the big picture and the fundamentals.
- It’s important to know who your company matters to and why your company matters to them.
- Don’t focus on pitching yourself. Focusing on how you can help your customers and that will lead to your pitch.
- As a fractional professional, you want to support your clients but you also have to tell them the truth if something isn’t working.
- There are plenty of forums for CEOs but there isn’t much out there for integrators as the second in command.
- You have to make sure you are managing expectations properly when you are a fractional professional, you still have a responsibility to your company.
- Make sure that the company you are going to work with already has an operating system in place. It makes it easier to be on the same level with them and know where to go from where they currently are.
Quote of the show
“I say there’s two questions to ask. It’s who do we want to matter to and why should we matter to them? And then how do we intersect their world in a way that’s meaningful and relevant. And when we get to that point of intersecting their world, instead of then what do we pitch them, it’s how do we help them?”– Jennifer Zick as guest on Fractional C-Suite Retreat Podcast
- Authentic Brand Selected as Fast 50 Honoree by Minneapolis / St. Paul Business Journal - September 6, 2023
- Healthcare marketing tips from experienced fractional CMOs - September 6, 2023
- Do Good Work podcast featuring Jennifer Zick - September 3, 2023